Saturday, June 27, 2009

Penang Flavours @ 1Utama Shopping Complex

Found a nice place to have some snacks between breakfast and lunch. Just before our movie show "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen". Found this restaurant just next to Otak-Otak Place. Thought we should try it out.

Since its a light snack, we didn't really order stuff like asam laksa or mee goreng which was listed in the menu as recommended dishes. Instead, we order recommended light dishes like Chee Cheong Funn, Tofu Bakar and Popiah wrap.



For drinks, I ordered cold limau kasturi. Its refreshing. But also a little bit too sour. But it won't be called a limau kasturi if its not sour, right?



Two (2) of the dishes we ordered are in the recommendation listed in the menu, denoted by pink stars. I really recommend you to try the Tofu Bakar and Popiah wrap. Among these 2 yummies; I recommend you to try the popiah. But of course its also rare to find places that serves Tofu Bakar. So, its worth a try as well.



The Chee Cheong Funn is a no go for me. Well, I don't fancy sweet sauce over the Funn. There is actually another similar dish of Chee Cheong Funn. But its with curry chicken. I think having a curry chicken at a little wee morning is not a good idea for my stomach.



Definitely worth to come back to try the main dishes the next time round as I heard one of the waiter making arrangement for a reserved table for a family of 10 people. Must a some of the other main dishes that attracts the crowd. Probably the asam laksa.